Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Struggle Continues . . . But I'm Making It

Today I had one of those workouts that you just don't "win."


It was a swim. Long, hot, sluggish . . . my kick had no power and I rested a couple of times during a 1000 straight set. Oh well. At least I made it. I think I HAVE to start going to the pool in the morning instead of late afternoon. Here are the reasons why:



  1. No kids there in the early morning – normally I don't mind kids at the pool but when I'm struggling, every single voice, screech, and scream reverberates inside my brain and distracts me.

  2. It's cooler in the morning. Relative term. It was 111 today. And going to the pool at 4:15 only ensures that I'm swimming during the hottest part of the day. The water felt WARM and I normally like "warm" water. They need to seriously think about cooling it.

  3. Start the day with a success – a completed workout.


Don't get me wrong I count any completed workout as a success. After all I could have skipped it.

No comments: