Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recovery

I'm learning to appreciate recovery weeks and workouts a bit more I think!

After BAM I was the sorest I have been after a race. Which is GOOD!! It means that I had worked hard – the hardest I have ever worked in a race. The soreness was not debilitating or anything and it was in all the right places so to speak. No injuries and no pain that was any cause for alarm. Just a lot of stiffness mostly, especially after sitting for awhile.

Coach gave me an optional day off yesterday and I took it. She said I could move the 35 minute swim set for yesterday to Friday, which I am. This morning I hopped on the trainer for a 35 minute easy spin. Didn't particularly feel like doing it but it sure set me up for the day. Tomorrow is an easy run which I must get up early to do. Mostly because I don't have a treadmill at home but also because I do love to run outside. It's 85 degrees here in the early morning now which kind of makes it mandatory that I get it done nice and early. I've been doing a lot better with getting up early but still leave my options more open on some days (like today).

I am excited to follow several bloggers as they do Ironman Coeur D'Alene this weekend. Also this weekend is the Las Vegas Triathlon Club's second mini tri of the year. I don't think I will race but will definitely go down there to watch, volunteer and maybe attend the clinics they are doing beforehand. I also have an hour run scheduled for that day so I will be up super early!

There is always something going on for those that want to participate. Pretty cool I think!!

No comments: