Monday, August 1, 2011

My First Race is This Week!

Lots going on over here in the Southern Nevada desert.

First and foremost, my "first" race -- the first race since being back coaching with Liz, that is, is this Saturday!

The Legends of Cross Country 5k right here in Boulder City!

I'm ridiculously excited for it. My running ability and confidence grows stronger with each run and I can't wait to get out there and see what I can do.

Returned a few days ago from a business/family trip to the New York City area. Being notorious for allowing training to fall by the wayside during any kind of travel I'm incredibly proud to report that I kept up with all my running while away!

Whether on the treadmill at the Westin Times Square or on the streets of Syosset, Long Island, I was there, running. Part of the reason for that was this weekend's race! Nice motivator. In the bigger picture, since I was starting with a travel training record at ground zero, and running is the simplest sport to tackle while on the road, committing to that was the easiest most practical thing.

So I win!

My view from the treadmill at Westin Times Square last Sunday:

2 comments:

Wes said...

Yay! so we're going sub-20 yes? :-)

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com