Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting Over Myself

The workouts this weekend sucked – to say the least.

The culprit? Nutrition.

I'm not talking about the nutrition that we are supposed to ingest while on the bike or running in the heat – oh NO – I actually have those dialed to where I want them eight weeks out from Silverman.

I'm talking about the nutrition that makes up the other 90% of my life – my DAILY NUTRITION.

I'll spare you the details as they are not necessary. Suffice it to say that I would not advise someone to under eat for two days and then attempt a four hour ride. NOT. SMART.

See, doing that makes the ride seem like a death march. And then, when the ride is over, instead of feeling proud and happy to have another long ride in the bag you end up angry and pissed off cause you had no energy, it was 100% your own fault, and OH a four year old on a bike with training wheels could have kept pace with you.

An angry email to coach yielded the expected response of Move On! We can't win every workout. WE SURE CAN'T. Especially if we don't eat enough.

So I took today off to get over myself. And no, today was NOT my specified day off. But when coach writes "things can be moved around" in the training plan, I take liberties. I do feel better for not working out today let me tell you.

This afternoon we celebrated Labor Day by going over to my brother's house for a barbecue. My sister in law is very into fitness and is just getting in shape from having her second baby. On the menu were salmon, brown rice and green beans with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. Chips and dip too. I am a sucker for chips and dip. I love it almost as much as mac and cheese! After stuffing my face I felt GREAT!

Here is a picture of me and my four year old niece Sarah, sitting outside. The heat broke today. It was actually pleasant to be outside. It's supposed to get back into the 100s later in the week but today was awesome!

No comments: