Monday, June 23, 2008

Starting Another Week, YES!

Started out last week great with the recovery workouts but then, as the week wore on, I found myself cutting some of them short. That is OK though. Coach said cutting them short was allowed as long as I did something. Check!

Yesterday morning I volunteered at the Las Vegas Triathlon Club's second mini tri of the year. It went fine but I found myself getting overly annoyed that it was so hot out at 6:30am. Then earlier today I read RBR's race report of Billy Bob's Backyard Triathlon and got a new perspective. I wished I would have had that report yesterday while bitching to myself about the heat as I sat on the tailgate of my truck with my bottle of warm water and waited for the 33 racers to reach the bike course turnaround. LOL! I've lived in southern Nevada for 23 years – the summer heat is not going anywhere! Deal with it Stef!

With that, I am enjoying my rest day today and will dive into my training anew tomorrow! YES! I am so excited for Silverman. Need to keep the momentum going even though I know that I will have more motivational slumps. I will just have to work through them and get the training DONE.

In other news, I am excited to "announce" that I am now a bartender over at the Endurance Sports Bar! If you haven't been there you should check it out. Tons of cool tips, stories, photos, and yesterday Shirley had a chart going of the IM C'DA athlete bloggers, with links to the Athlete Tracker. I didn't have to go anywhere to check out how everyone was doing with the day! Shirley has taken a wonderful concept and run with it and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. Thanks Shirley!

Last but not least, I have to congratulate Johnny Tri on his finish yesterday. JT is a local blogger friend of Form's and mine and I was so happy to see him cross the line last night on Ironman Live. I raced to my phone to text Form, but Form beat me to the punch with:

He did it!

I was going to say something really profound like:

He made it!

But Form summed it up nicely and then we proceeded to get into a friendly argument about whether or not I am doing an Ironman. I have told Form before that Ironman is not on my radar but he keeps bringing it up.

Whatev.

Right now I can't see past the Half Silverman. Once I do that who knows what else will be on my horizon.

No comments: