I'm feeling a bit thrashed after this weekend's longer workouts.
Normally I don't mind this feeling – and I guess I don't mind it now either.
Except that I am SLOWER THAN EVER.
Thoughts about this:
- It would be SO NICE to not come in DFL at Silverman. Until this weekend, I was sure I would not. Now I'm not so sure. Am I looking at a DFL??? If so I need to get over it.
- I did push outside my comfort zone which was good. In talking to Coach, I need to do more of just that.
- I'm extra disappointed because I did push outside my comfort zone this weekend with no perceived gain from it.
- The bike course that Tony and I rode yesterday was difficult. One long descent followed by one long climb with a few (not many) rollers in between.
- Tony is a fellow triathlete and Boulder City resident. He is 68 and has been doing triathlons for 8 years. He could have totally kicked my ass on both the bike and the run but he kindly slowed to my pace. This gives me hope that I will get faster.
- Example: Tony says his normal running pace is 8-10 minute miles. I have yet to make the 10 minute mile my bitch. Not sayin' what our pace was today. J
- After thinking about it, I may not have gone as far outside my comfort zone as I thought. It's hard for me to push myself.
I am also tired of the heat but I say that every year at this time.
Next week is an even bigger week of workouts!
Okay moving on . . .
Many many blogger peeps raced this weekend!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!!