Monday, December 11, 2006

2007 Is Going To Be My Year

I have decided to stop screwing around and get out of limbo. 2007 is going to be my year and I am going to take the bull by the horns, blah blah blah.

During this limbo I have been in for a couple of months now, what has inspired me the most has been The Pumpkinman and Silverman triathlons and (just yesterday) watching the Las Vegas Marathon. My abilities to focus have gone on hiatus, but I have still been able to focus on training. Training myself that is. I have signed up for the 2007 Half Silverman (http://www.silvermannv.com) and have hired a coach to help ensure that I do my absolute BEST (http://www.thesportfactory.com). I am now in "base" training and have been for exactly one week. YAY!!!!

So this blog is going to be about me making 2007 MY YEAR and a good bit of it will be about my triathlon training. Because I love it. Because I am able and willing to focus on it. Because it will be difficult and the more accountability I have the better.

Seriously. I have been there done that with the "yay I finished a triathlon" thing. For me, I want to do the absolute BEST I can do, and to me that means I do not finish in the bottom 10%. I have the time, I have the resources, I am TRAINING!!

If, in the process of getting my career up and roaring again, I no longer "have" the time, I will MAKE the time. There is no such thing as not having the time. It is all about where one's priorities are. For a few weeks now my priorities have been 1) training, 2) having lunch with my friends, 3) surfing the net and sending emails, and 4) sitting on my ass watching recorded tv. And that's fine. That's good. I have designed my life to where I can afford to do that for awhile. I am looking forward though to seeing a shift to where #3 and #4 (especially #4) get replaced by other, more constructive priorities, or fall off the list entirely!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: